Thursday, May 22, 2008

temp receptionist..

We had a HR meeting this morning. Basically it's a discussion between Compensation Benefits and Recruitment teams. Anyways, there's no need for me to enclose what we had discussed. The important point here is that, I just found out today that according to JTI's company policy, one shall will not be entitled for any leave if he or she joins the company other than 1st day of the month. In my case, I joined on 2nd May. Thus, I won't be entitled for any leave for May. Sigh, you thought I don't want to join on 1st May? Labour day...cannot work.. and my offer letter is written 2nd May. =(

So, to make myself feel better, I take 19th May (Wesak Day) as my leave. haha...

Ok, let's get back the topic as per my post title - Temp Receptionist.

Today, our receptionist was admitted to the hospital during morning time. I was told before that if the receptionist needs to go on leave, I will be responsible to call up some agencies to look for temporary worker.

However, I was not told that if in case of emergency, I will need to sit there and be a temporary receptionist. Well, I just got the news today. Alright, I did not sit there for whole day, but half a day (as I took turns with another girl).

Let me show u some of the photos I took while I 'work' as a temporary receptionist.







Alright, as you can see, I am super bored. haha... Before this, I have totally no idea how to transfer calls by using the key phone system. It's quite complicated if I may say. I am not sure whether did I transfer calls wrongly or not. =P


I bought one cup of tomato + watermelon juice during lunch. It tastes good. Juices with tomato sure taste good! It was really filling. I have decided to take it the next time if I want a light meal. Furthermore, according to the aunty, it is a dieting juice =)

The rest of the pictures are just to show you guys how JTI lobby looks like. We have 3 floors overall, and I am based at 6th floor. There's nothing much in 5th floor, but 7th floor is really nice. They have bean bags, TV, Astro and Play Station. But, so far, I have yet to see anyone sit there and watch tv or play games. =P I will find chance to sneak up and take some photos. hehe..

Lastly, today is not too bad for me. More importantly, DAVID COOK won!!!
~Always be my baby~ *muacks*

No comments: